What is Ed's True Resume?

.
Ed is going back and rewriting or deleting a lot of previous blog posts. He also no longer says he was the first shelter director to bring a municipal shelter to No-Kill while he was in Arizona. This after Brad Jensen's challenge to Boks to show the Maricopa Co. stats while Boks was there.

Now Ed is saying his new restricted hours policy was just a little joke, a public education gambit. Why doesn't he just admit that he withdrew the policy because of public and Council pressure? Does he have to lie all the time to make himself look perfect?

Now comes a new item. Has Boks been lying consistently about the years in his life between 1976 and 1993? Was he involved in animal control in Tennesee? What happened during those missing 17 years?

From Craigslist:

Ed Boks Strikes Again <> 06/25 01:58:28

Hello LA (Well, I would really say, "Hey Ya'll)I'm sorry to hear of your woes in the animal community surrounding Ed Boks.

I was the Humane Educator for a major southern city near Chattannooga, TN for 5 years.

I've never been a fan of Ed's. He came to Chattanooga and failed miserably there, too. I read an article in their newspaper about how "wonderful" he was & the numbers at the shelter. I called him on it. I wrote a letter to the editor about the manipulation of the numbers and anyone can sound good if they only euthanize "depressed" animals...heck, they're all depressed at the shelter!

I hate that LA is going through the same thing that NY & TN went through with Ed. I think that he is the con man of the animal welfare industry. He seems to say all the right things to talk his way into top paying top jobs, but then he can't deliver....so he talks his way into another top job somewhere else where, again, he can't cut it.

I got in lots of trouble for what I wrote. Apparently Ed doesn't like anyone to see through his words or call him on it. He emailed the Mayor, city councilmen, my boss. I got in lots of trouble. I told my boss, though, that I stood behind what I wrote. Perhaps I should not have written it from an official capacity, but it was still my opinion.

Unfortunately, he continues to run riot in other major urban areas.I'm sorry for your troubles, but when Ed is in the neighborhood, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I was in the animal welfare industry for the past 15 years. I've held almost every job possible within the industry. The last 3 years, I was the poster-child for compassion fatigue. I traded my "fun" M-F 8-4 job for a third shift desk job just to get out.

People like Ed are the reason people like me don't stay. It's futile.Thank you for your time.

It just gets curiouser and curiouser, doesn't it?
.

No comments: