Rumors and Rumblings

.
When I was at the West Valley shelter, I was there a long time. The info I got there, combined with all the email tips sent to me about the department, as well as a recent post on Craigslist makes me realize how much Boks is hated and undermined by some staff.

The recent increase in impounds and kills may be because staff is no longer refusing animals, or less likely to try to help the animals to spite Boks.

Some in the Mayor's Office said Boks was hated by employees because he made them work too hard and do their job. Supposedly this was the case with the last Volunteer director.

Others didn't like him because they think him a liar and a narcissist.

Others said he lacks people skills, and would go off on employees in the most inappropriate situations.

I only know a few LAAS employees. When I was at West Valley I didn't meet one unfriendly staffer except for the ogre. But hell, I was only there for 3-1/2 hours, what do I know?

However, some of the employees I do know went off on other employees, saying some shouldn't be let within a mile of a shelter.

I think staff may be a huge problem impeding any real improvement and may be undermining Boks' attempts to change the status quo. Apparently Ed has not been able to deal with staff effectively. It takes a certain kind of personality to bring people together. I can't do it and apparently neither can Boks. This is a shame for the animals.

Stuckey used to say staff ignored him, therefore he let them do what they wanted.

Anyway, today on Craigslist, there is a note:

LAAS Shelter Staff Signed "No Confidence in Ed Boks" Letter

Probably some employees did sign it and gave it to the Council liaison with the Personnel Commission, Zine.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The recent increase in impounds and kills may be because staff is no longer refusing animals, or less likely to try to help the animals to spite Boks."

So does this mean they're taking feral cats now and don't care about the numbers?

Betcha if you tried to take a feral cat in it would be refused. And betcha if you tried to take a speutered cat it would be double refused together with an immediate call to an officer and then a kick in the ass and out the door along w/ your cat.

Anonymous said...

Yea. Saw that post. So can we get a copy of that letter?