Mason Letter to Ed Boks

.
Mailed today by Ron Mason to Ed Boks:

December 17, 2007
Ed Boks
General ManagerLos Angeles Animal Services
221 N. Figueroa Street, 5th FloorLos Angeles, CA 90012

Dear Mr. Boks,

Under these provision of CPC 597.1, I request with regard to the seizure of 6 kittens (Actually 12 by my count) on October 9, and 51 cats on October 11, taken from my property copies of:

1. Notice of the seizure or impoundment, which would include:

2. A description of the animal seized, including any identification upon the animal.

3. A Statement of the authority and purpose for the seizure or impoundment, including the time, place, and circumstances under which the animal was seized.

4. A statement that I had a right to request a postseizure hearing.4. A copy of the declaration of ownership required to be given to me on thee day of impoundment, October 11, 2007.5. A statement that the cost of caring for and treating any animal properly seized under this section is a lien on the animal and that the animal shall not be returned to me until the charges are paid, and that failure to request or to attend a scheduled hearing shall result in liability for this cost.

5. Any evidence that Animal services, the LAPD or the LAACTF made reasonable efforts to notify me of the whereabouts of the animal and any procedures available for the lawful recovery of the animals.

Most of all I am requesting information on the location and disposition of all cats seized from my property on October 9 and 11. Which ones are still alive? Where are they? How can I get them back as per 597.1?

Sincerely,




Ron Mason

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll be interesting to see if the City responds at all. They won't, and it'll just be more evidence for Mason's lawsuit against the City

Anonymous said...

You go, Ron!!