In the LAAS official website post, Truth vs. Rumor #12, Ed Boks reveals many details regarding the arrest and charging of Ron Mason for Felony Animal Neglect occuring on October 11, 2007, including the health status of many cats, whether they were spay/neutered or not, and information that as of October 26, LAAS had destroyed all of the impounded kittens due to iremedable suffering as well as having destroyed a total of 25 cats.
Such information issued by Boks on an official City website would obviously tend to prejudice any jury or judge involved in this case against Mr. Mason, a private citizen. Such information was freely posted by Boks despite an ongoing criminal investigation.
With this in mind, Brad Jensen has submitted the following Request for Public Documents. Naturally, I will carefully follow Animal Services responses to this request and post them, or its refusal to respond and any reasons given. You can be assured a general email to this effect is now being sent to City officials and the press.
October 30, 2007
Ed Boks, General Manager
Los Angeles Animal Services
221 N. Figueroa Street, 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Dear Ed Boks,
This request is being made subject to the California Public Records Act: Government Code §6250-6268.
Under this statute you have 10 calendar days from the date of receipt of this request to respond as to whether you will release the records requested as detailed below. It is preferred your response be made in writing to either the street address or the email address below.
Any and all information on all cats/kittens found at the Ron Mason property located in the 18700 block of Napa Street in Northridge impounded by Los Angeles Animal Services, including but not limited to the following information:
1. Chameleon records of each animal described above and impounded by Los Angeles Animal Services.
Each animal record is expected to contain the following information:
SHELTER_NAME, ANIMAL_ID, SPECIES, BREED, SEX, AGE, IN_DATE, INTAKE_TYPE, IN_CONDITION, OUT_DATE, OUTCOME_TYPE, OUTCOME_SUBTYPE and be provided in a readable format.
2. Copies of any call log, dispatch log and ACO notes related to the animal(s) described above.
3. Copies of any photographs and/or digital images of the animal(s) described above.
4. Copies of any and all notes and records related to physical and/or medical examinations conducted in the “field” for each animal described above.
5. Copies of any and all notes and records related to lab work and disease testing conducted in the field for each animal described above.
6. Copies of veterinary notes and records for each animal described above.
7. Copies of any and all records related to laboratory samples sent out for testing for each animal described above, including those sent to Antech.
8. Copies of kennel notes and records for each animal described above.
9. Date and time of euthanasia for each animal described above.
10. Copy of any euthanasia requests for each animal described above.
11. Copies of any and all Improper Euthanasia Reports related to each animal described above.
Form of Information Requested
The information requested may be electronically imaged and transferred to the email address above.
Denial and Redaction
Should you choose to deny this request, as required by law, please indicate the exact reason for denial and the person and title of the person who made such decision. Should information be redacted from the files, statute requires that you list for EACH record the reason for redaction and type of information redacted.
I am willing to pay reasonable copying fees, as defined under law, not to exceed $25.00. Should fees run higher, please contact me. Should you have any questions regarding this request, please contact me immediately.
If this is out of West Valley..don't expect the TRUTH. Helen Brakemeier is interim Director OF Shelter Operations, and Sergio Rios, the Kennel Supervisor At West Valley is her "HUBBY". He is untouchable under her command.She has it all worked out to her convenience. They live in the area, and have school schedules for their kids. Don't expect much, she has Boks and Barth fooled.
If you can't get them, ask Mason to request. He has the right to see the evidence against him. They should have offered him a free attorney when they brought him in and read him his rights. Did they read him his rights? Did he understand them? He could have declined to talk and asked for a court appointed free attorney.
Good god, man, I'm sure hope you're prepared to "sit and wait until hell freezes over" for an answer!
Post a Comment