Sen. Feinstein Supports Killing Ferals

.
About 10 days ago I emailed Sen. Feinstein, who is getting weirder and weirder for a Democrat, about my opposition to the feral cat killing bill, REPAIR (H.R. 767) She wrote in reply:

senator@feinstein.senate.gov wrote:

Dear Dr. Muzika:

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the "Refuge Ecology Protection, Assistance, and Immediate Response (REPAIR) Act" (H.R. 767). I appreciate the time you took to write and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On January 31, 2007, Representative Ron Kind (D-WI) introduced the REPAIR Act. This bill would establish the REPAIR Program to provide grants for the identification of harmful nonnative species and control projects to manage these species. These grants would also be used to identify restoration methods that enhance native fish, wildlife, and habitats. Further, it authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to provide financial assistance to respond to critical outbreaks of harmful nonnative species negatively impacting already threatened refuges. H.R. 767 was passed by the House of Representatives and has been referred to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. Like you, I believe it is important to work toward protecting the welfare of animals. Please know that I will keep your comments about the Trap-Neuter-Return method in mind should this bill, or similar legislation, come before the Senate.

Again, thank you for writing. I hope you will continue to keep in touch on matters of importance to you. Should you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein United States Senator

I WROTE THIS IN RESPONSE:

I know what the bill is about. I am saying that I oppose killing the non-native species, i.e., feral cats.

What do you mean about protecting the welfare of the animals? Do you mean protecting the welfare of feral and lost cats too?

Each year about 5% of housed cats lose their homes and become part of the outside cat population.

Do you advocate killing them?

Feinstein has never responded. That speaks tons on where she stands.

Let’s get rid of Dianne.


It is time we become politically active. Email your thoughts to her address above and ask her to clarify her thinking on the welfare of animals.
.

No comments: